Monday 10 December 2012

Who Was Who Is Who #50

So for want of anything better to write about on a Monday, I'm going to go through all my copies of Who's Who and see if I can predict who will make it over to the new DCU by the end of 2012, who might make it and who hasn't got a Whip's chance.

THE WANDERERS - far as I know, they're unlikely to be wandering around the Legion's time line before the end of 2012, and Dave Sopko, the official COEP Legion go to guy, agrees "Have not been seen for a long time. Doubt we will see this roaming band of adventurers again."

WARLOCK OF YS - an old Green Lantern / Justice League villain, I think the Warlock's time has come and gone and don't think we'll be seeing him.

THE WARLORD - as I've said with all the other Warlord characters, I don't think there are any plans to resurrect Skataris and its inhabitants any time soon. However, just today (April 10th - how's that for lead time?) I've read about the new National Comics series which "will serve as a base to explore the publisher's New 52 universe, offering single-issue tales of characters and concepts" and Skataris and the Warlord seem perfect for that. With that in mind, he's going down as a possible.

WARLORDS OF OKAARA - these guys are kinda / sorta in place due to the events of Green Lantern: New Guardians but I'm not counting them as they're not really characters in their own right.

WARP - already in place as he's appeared early on in the pages of Blue Beetle.

THE WAR WHEEL - something similar appeared in Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E. but as it's not a character, it's not getting counted.

WAYNE FOUNDATION - same applies for this lovely office building with an enormous tree growing inside it.

THE WEASEL - because nothing strikes more fear than the name of a small rodent reknowned for running up trouser legs! An old Firestorm villain, I don't think he'll be appearing.

THE WEATHER WIZARD - I'd be very surprised if the Wizard didn't show up in the pages of The Flash at some point with the rest of the Rogues so I'm going to put him down as a definite.

THE WHIP - I think the last time we saw a character called the Whip was in Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers of Victory mega-series. Don't think they'll be back before the end of 2012.

WHITE WITCH - looks like Mysa Nal is now called the Black Witch and is appearing in Legion of Super Heroes so I guess she's sort of in place already.

WILDCAT - when Earth-2 was announced, I assumed that the main characters would be Alan Scott's Green Lantern, Jay Garrick's Flash and Ted Grant's Wildcat. At the moment, though, Ted has yet to be mentioned with Al Pratt's Atom in place instead. That said, I can't imagine a JSA without Ted so he's going in the definite column. The Yolanda Montez version that's also featured in Who's Who probably won't get a look in, though.

WILDFIRE - currently appearing in the pages of Legion Lost so he's in place as well.

WING - sidekick to the Crimson Avenger, I'll put him in the possible column simply because I put the Avenger in there. To be honest, though, I doubt it.

WITCHBOY - Klarion's gone through a handful of versions, from the sinister original to the playful Young Justice version and then the moody underworlder in Seven Soldiers... Not sure we'll see him before the end of the year.



So in summary three in place (Warp, White Witch and Wildfire) two definite predictions (Weather Wizard and Wildcat) and two possibles (Warlord and Wing)

7 comments:

  1. Weather Wizard's already appeared in the NU52 Flash series my man. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dale - was pretty sure he was going to turn up!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, and eventually pretty much the rest of the Rogues as well. Although I shudder to wonder what a rebooted Rainbow Raider would look like, other than maybe a gay terrorist or something. You know how DC is, diversity and all that;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crimson Avenger and Wing are on Earth-2, according to issue 7 of that comic. Ace Reporter Lee Travis, who works for Alan Scott, and her (yes, HER) cameraman, James Wing, are mentioned in a broadcast at the beginning of the book. Costumed heroics coming, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - I noticed that as well and mentioned it on Sunday and with a bit of luck we won't have to wait too long for them to make an appearance.

      Delete
  4. The Wanderers were namechecked in last week's Action Comics, #15, but I doubt an appearance is forthcoming, sadly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they sneak in before the end of the year, let me know!

      Delete

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails